Thursday, August 2, 2007

Summer Time Activities Bring Unexpected Adventures!

The connections I’ve made and the network I’ve created over the years has proven invaluable to me this past week.

Last summer my husband and I started taking much needed weekend road trips on our motorcycle. Last Friday while touring Southern Oregon we encountered every bikers lurking fear, loose gravel! Time stood still as we took the slow turn and the bike slid out from under us. I broke my right leg (not my bad one) and my husband broke his collar bone, thank God we were going slowly and we have good gear or it might have been worse. We are on the road to recovery, facing each challenge and finding many new reasons to be grateful.

Needless to say, it’s been an interesting week trying to run my business from a hospital room in Roseburg. I’m sure it will take months if not years to extract all the life lessons from this event but I can say the first one I’ve learned is the awesome power of my network. When I called to cancel appointments, I had more offers of help than I could have imagined. Both colleagues and clients alike have been incredibly gracious and it reaffirms to me that when you connect on purpose you create relationships that give in more ways than you can imagine.

I will back in my office on Monday, seeing clients and tackling the challenges that limited mobility brings. The addition of Laura James to the Connectworks team could not have been timelier. Watch for more about Laura’s new role in the next QuickConnect for Busy People.

Until next time, happy networking.

No comments: