Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fresh Start & New Beginnings 2009

What IS possible in the upcoming months? This is the BIG question on many minds. I know you've been thinking about what you will do differently in 2009. If you are anything like me, you have been acting on some of those thoughts. I've been thinking what IS possible in the new year...not only for Connectworks but my clients as well.

I thought I'd share my focus with you for the new year.

  1. I want to get on top of the social networking phenomenon. This medium is advancing so quickly staying on top of how to use it can be impossible for busy people like you and I. Here are a couple of things I am doing to save time and increase effectiveness. Depending on your business, you may want to do the same.
    a.) Use a blog aggregator. I finally started using the Google Reader a few weeks ago and have been thrilled to get all my favorite blogs coming into one place for quick review. I'd been hearing about this service for a few years but had no idea how to get started. I decided to figure it out. Go to Google. Create an account if you don't already have one. It's fre*e. Pull down the menu and select Reader. It is fairly self directed from there. This is a great way to keep up with what's new without having to take the time to cruise the web. Visit my blog for some other great resources.
    b.) Find one or two social networking sites you feel like you can participate in. If you've been waiting to dip your toe in this medium, get started with LinkedIn. Develop your profile and network. Use the Q & A. Submit articles. Schedule time each day (and stick to it) to browse those sites and build relationships. Networking on line is still about the relationship but has the added benefit of increasing your visibility on the web.
    I want to do what works. Like you, I find the time for trial and error is past.
  2. I joined a new marketing mastermind team last month with Bernadette Doyle of Client Magnets. In her monthly call last week I was reminded of some key principles in creating change. Read the core principles in my blog.
    a.) Over the holiday I've invested in sales training, workshop & teleseminar development and internet marketing. Looking ahead these are areas of mastery that will serve me in 2009. What about you? What would serve you to master or work with a mentor the upcoming months?
  3. I want work to be easier. When what I do loses its appeal it boils down to one thing. Inefficient systems have created a backlog of task that are not my favorites but have to be done. You know what I'm talking about. I've already started investing in infrastructure and support to create systems to keep in touch, better serve, and deliver more value to clients in 2009. Any systems of your own you need to tune up?
  4. I want to serve others better. This is what gets me out of bed every day. I intend to make choices in 2009 which allow me to do more and with greater impact. What about you? Do you know what motivates you? Are you in a market niche that allows you do tap into that energy? If not, look for opportunities to engage that vital part of your inner driver.

Close the door on 2008 and look ahead to the unknown 2009 and understand...the basic principles of business still apply. Stop doing things that don't get you results and take you out of your core strength areas. Your unique selling proposition will always be in what you do well because you are you. Open the doors to what is possible in 2009 by bringing your best self forward.

Here is to more YOU in 2009!

Happy Networking.

No comments: